Our Client is seeking a highly qualified, motivated individual to join our fast‐growing company. This position is part of an engineering team executing capital projects, supporting bid development, and providing engineering support for our client’s family of companies. The successful applicant will be an integral part of the engineering team responsible for designing and building our client’s plants.
• Communicating with project team to refine project scope and requirements.
• Defining software/hardware architecture requirements.
• Developing detailed functional design specifications.
• Configuring DCS, OPC, PLC, and SCADA components.
• Reviewing control panel wiring diagrams.
• Perform factory acceptance testing of hardware and software.
• Assist with the development of the project P&ID’s and operating procedures/training manuals.
• Participate in the hazard review process and other safety evaluations (SIL and Fault Tree preferred).
• Commissioning the complete control system.
• Plant commissioning support, piping and flow sheet checking, performance tests, troubleshooting, validation, and plant start‐up which includes travel to domestic and international locations.
• BS Chemical Engineering. Other engineering majors considered with applicable experience.
• 5+ years of experience. Desired experience would be in new plant engineering with an emphasis on plant operations, startups, and safety.
• Experience in air separation, specialty gases, or petrochemical industries is a plus.
• Substantial recent working experience with Siemens PCS7 System. Experience with ET200SP HA hardware, and Profinet is a plus.
• Experience with Emerson DeltaV, Rockwell Automation, Yokogawa, ABB, or Honeywell a plus.
• Skilled in DCS, PLC, and HMI programming.
• Experience interfacing various control systems to OPC Server applications and communication to other control systems via OPC. Knowledge of general purpose OPC Server applications from Matrikon or OSI PI is desirable.
• Experience integrating control systems with MES, Data Historians, ERP, and other data systems.
• Experience with FDA Validation is a plus.
• Has had primary responsibility for delivering plant control systems on time.
• Working knowledge of electrical design and panel design.
• Working knowledge of process instrumentation and instrument application.
• Has specified and ordered control system components.
• Demonstrated ability to organize work and schedule activity to meet overall project requirements.
• Excellent technical writing skills and experience in producing detailed functional design documentation.
• The applicant should possess or have the aptitude to acquire a balanced multi‐disciplinary understanding of process control, process systems, and process safety.
• The applicant must communicate effectively and seek out technical expertise as required.
• Travel may be required, both domestic and international. Travel will include trips to plant sites, and equipment fabricators. (Estimated at 0‐15%/year). This is an onsite; not remote nor hybrid remote position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org