Our client is looking for a Senior FPGA Design Engineer to join a multi-disciplined design team (electrical engineers, systems engineers, scientists, etc) to design, develop, simulate, and integrate challenging FPGA designs in support of our radar product line. As an FPGA Engineer on the team, you will work to with signal processing experts to realize MATLAB designs in state-of-the-art FPGAs in support of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary design team.
- Analyze, design, simulate, and implement algorithms in hardware descriptor languages, HDL (VHDL, Verilog), based on requirements and/or MATLAB model(s).
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplined design team to design and integrate DSP applications for latest System on a Chip (SoC) implementations such as Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+, Intel Stratix-10, and Xilinx RFSoC.
- Analyze, design, and implement VHDL test benches for code validation and validation against models.
- Perform design constraints generation and verification as well as evaluate synthesis and timing performance reports.
- Implement and validate signal processing concepts such as FFTs, digital filters, digital modulation, digital down/up-conversion, adaptive processing, etc. into either new or existing modular HDL designs.
- Analyze, design, simulate, and implement designs which interface to common signaling standards, typical IP hard macros such as SERDES, PLLS, etc. and/or protocols such PCIe, JESD204B, LVDS, etc.
- Develop and maintain requirements documents, functional specification documents, interface control documents, etc.
- Generate and maintain engineering drawings and configuration management policies for FPGA project hierarchy.
- Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and field testing.
- Provide occasional technical support and/or field support planning, and other field support in general if needed.
- Conduct experimental tests on latest FPGA and SoC evaluation boards, evaluate results, and then develop specifications for selecting next-generation components for deliverable systems.
- Interact with outside customers, suppliers, and functional peer groups.
- Some travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods may be occasionally required.
- Extensive experience with at least one FPGA Integrated Design Environment tool set such as Xilinx Vivado and Mentor Graphics ModelSim
- Experience in signal processing theory and/or communications systems and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems
- Experience with MATLAB
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related
- Experience with MATLAB signal processing environment
- Experience writing test software in C/C++ or assembly language to validate design
- Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (high-speed logic analyzers, scopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with Radar Signal Processing
- Experience with high-speed (> GHz) design techniques
- Experience with performance characteristics of analog data converters, ADCs/DACs.
- Familiarity with JESD204B
We are a manufacturer covered by ITAR 22 CFR 120-130 and all team members must be a United States Person.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org