Edgecumbe GroupThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
partner with us and engineer your future
The company is seeking a versatile embedded COMSEC/Information Assurance hardware engineer to join our talented team supporting the design and manufacturing of our Space and RF products. As a hardware engineer, you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of secure mesh network satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology. The successful candidate will perform design and architecture engineering functions with an emphasis in COMSEC and crypto processor designs. In this capacity the candidate will support the space communication and encryption product line in development efforts for programs and IRAD projects.
• Hardware design of satellite communications systems, with an emphasis on COMSEC and RF designs
• Assist with the capture of next generation communications security business opportunities including development of concept whitepapers, technical solution conceptualization and proposal support.
• Coordinate with system and design teams to ensure architecture meets intended requirements.
• Prepare and present technical data at internal and customer reviews.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required and 6+ years of industry experience or a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 4+ years of industry experience
• Detailed understanding of analog/digital circuit design, including high speed digital interfaces or digital design for FPGAs and embedded processors
• Experience with following hardware design processes and generating required documentation.
• Experience in RF Communications waveforms and propagation
• Experience with IP/UDP packet protocols and mesh network routing
• Active Secret Security Clearance required / Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience designing and implementing government and commercial cryptographic functions in hardware.
• Knowledge of isolation requirements and implementation within the analog, digital, RF and power operating boundaries within subsystems.
• Knowledge of NSA certification requirements and processes. NSA training in Module Embedment, TEMPEST testing/certification or other security professional training/certifications.
• Experience with HyperLynx, SIPro or similar signal integrity design tools
• Experience using schematic design tools, VHDL and firmware simulation tools.
• Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, and signal analyzers.
• Proven experience designing high reliability circuitry for space environments.
• Knowledgeable in HAIPE and KMI 3300 CMS packet exchange between ground and spaceborne nodes
• Experience with MATLAB and synthesized code tools.
• Wired and Wireless secure networking
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $110,500.00 – $180,00.00. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. The company also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements. Security Clearance Required: No Visa Candidate Considered: No Willingness to Travel – Occasionally