Website edgecumbe group
partner with us and engineer your future
Security Clearance: US Citizen/Clearable
As a Principal Sensor Development Engineer, you will be responsible for conceiving solutions for new hardware sensor concepts and integration of sensing modalities with applications for complex systems.
You will design sensor capabilities for a wide range of applications, support strategic business development, and create novel sensor and sensing concepts. You will work in a fast-paced environment, collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams with significant opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute to a variety of projects.
Applicants should possess solid skills designing and developing novel optical, electrical, magnetic, RF, acoustic, radiation, and/or inertial sensors; experience with rapid prototyping, integration, and testing is also highly desired.
The applicant should also have a strong fundamental physical theoretical knowledge, as well as experience modeling both physical phenomena and sensor responses.
Applicants will assist in the design, development, modeling and simulation, implementation, and evaluation of sensors and sensing systems.
• Understand sensing modes (optical, electrical, magnetic, etc.) in different environments
• Design novel sensor and instrumentation architectures
• Capture sensor system requirements and model system behaviors and responses
• Refine, develop, implement, and test sensors and instruments
• Model and simulate components of a sensor system
• Integrate sensors and instrumentation with hardware systems
• Perform laboratory experiments and evaluate fieldable sensor prototypes
• Support business development; write proposals, white papers, and technical documents
• Deliver technical presentations to internal and external customers
• A Ph.D. or MSc. in physics, applied physics, electrical engineering, or a related discipline is required.
• Demonstrated expertise in sensor design, development, and prototyping is required.
• Strong background in fundamental physical theory and modeling.
• Strong competency in a computing environment such MATLAB, Python, C++, Mathematica, or similar is required.
• The individual must be highly self-motivated and must thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Support business development, write proposals, white papers, and technical documents.
• Deliver technical presentations to internal and external customers.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to brief non-technical audiences, is required.
• Experience with simulation and computational modeling software is highly desired.
• Experience integrating and evaluating fieldable prototypes.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org