partner with us and engineer your future
My client is a global engineering and manufacturing company with leading positions in the markets it serves. The Business Unit Aerospace designs, develops and manufacture valves, actuators, pumps, switches, energy absorption devices and composite parts for commercial and defense aerospace applications and provide an ideal workplace environment in which to create a rewarding career.
The Business Unit Controller is responsible for all elements of accounting, financial planning, reporting and analysis for the Aerospace and Industrial divisions, a segment of the Connect and Control Technologies Value Center. Position will provide support to Executive Management and other Senior Executives on a broad range of accounting, financial strategic and tactical issues that impact the Company. The Executive Director works as a close business partner to the General Manager defining and deploying business strategy and plans for the Aerospace+ Industrial Business Unit.
Responsibilities include internal consolidated financial planning, reporting and analysis; policy and procedure development. This position owns financial responsibility for a $210M P&L, cost accounting, balance sheet accounting and is responsible for management reporting such as monthly and quarterly financial reports and presentations. Will evaluate, develop and lead improvements in the accounting, financial planning, reporting and analysis processes to ensure compliance with G.A.A.P and an adequate system of internal controls. Provides functional leadership in the interpretation and application of technical accounting rules.
Leads Finance with direct reports in California, Mexico, and in New York.
Safety is a core value at our client’s site. Leaders are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe workplace by ensuring that appropriate and adequate resources are provided to support safety programs. The role provides leadership by integrating safety into all aspects of the business.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance. MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred, CPA A+++
- Fluency in both English and Spanish highly desirable
- 10+ years relevant financial experience
- Experience with a strong focus on financial planning, reporting and analysis in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated command of general &operational accounting, specifically Corporate, Legal and Regulatory requirements
- Experience with cost accounting, project accounting (as appropriate) and day-to-day operational support.
- Experience managing Sarbanes Oxley Compliance (SOX), operations planning and forecast.
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills with expert proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience in M&A due diligence and integration
- Minimal travel required including some international travel.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org