Who You Are:
A leader who will work side by side with the Sr. Director of Procurement, and lead a team of talented costing professional to achieve company goals and offer best in class costing procedures. This is a high visibility role and will be responsible for cost management to evaluate product designs, provide a framework to drive cost reduction, develop cost estimates which are used by cross functional departments in the design and development process, and manage the costing system that provides the product costing statistic to produce the financial reports.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide timely, competitive and reliable product cost estimates and economic information of products in support of the effective execution of design, development and manufacturing process.
- Analyze product design to effect maximum utilization of materials, methods and processes in order to meet cost objectives and quality specifications.
- Ability to Identify areas for cost reduction during design process to help teams meet cost targets.
- Develop “should cost” estimates.
- Develop cost control and improvement projects each year to partner with factories.
- Responsible for maintaining a material cost library and tracking core commodity costs.
- Communicates updates to management and other stakeholders regarding product costing activities.
- Active participant in the annual budget setting process.
- Evaluation of factories and their capabilities.
Qualification You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Applied Science or Applied Mathematics from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 7+ years working experience in product costing.
- Thorough understanding of the product development and manufacturing processes; prior work experience inside manufacturing environment is an essential requirement.
- Merchandising knowledge or experience in the consumer product industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial and engineering economy concepts is a definite advantage.
- Good presentation and communication skills in both written and spoken English
Travel: This position will eventually require domestic and international travel of up to 15%.
We offer work-life balance benefits such as paid maternity and paternity leave, hybrid work schedules, and annual weeklong global office closures giving our people a chance to recharge!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com