Our client is a value-based healthcare organization that’s on a mission to transform the future of senior care and provide an all-inclusive care option to our most vulnerable senior population. We step in as the care provider and care planner that work to keep our participants within their communities, out of institutions, and cared for like family, all while receiving the healthcare and social services needed to thrive. As we continue to expand our life-giving care services to both our existing and future markets, our Government Affairs team plays a critical role in developing & sustaining meaningful relationships with regulators, elected officials, and other influential stakeholders.
Essential Job Duties:
- Spearhead our client’s government affairs function for assigned geography
- Develop and implement an effective engagement strategy that results in outstanding relationships with elected officials and administration staff in designated states
- Oversee and leverage Our client’s contract staff, including lobbyists and consultants.
- Direct advocacy efforts to facilitate resolution of legislative and regulatory issues.
- Communicate Our client’s ’s policy priorities in order to achieve our client’s Government Affairs department goals and initiatives.
- Track, synthesize, and communicate internally relevant government policy changes (laws, regulations, guidance) impacting Our client’s PACE to internal stakeholders
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience engaging with state legislators, legislative and committee staff, and/or administrative appointees and staff within the healthcare industry
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience independently handling legislative bills, budget proposals, and/or administration policy or budget efforts from initial conception through completion
- Strong public policy writing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Must reside on the West Coast (California required) with the willingness to travel based on business need (Sacramento, DC, our market locations). Remote however regular Travel will be required.
- Government affairs work experience within the healthcare industry required
Base Salary – USD We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $147,000 to $184,000 a year. $147,000- $184,000 This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Our client provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Our client’s benefits overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility.