Must have an Active Top Secret clearance. Hybrid role.
In this role you will provide full-spectrum Avionics and RF Communications Electrical Engineering support to Ground Communication System and Systems Engineer to the Program Office.
Essential Job Functions:
The applicant shall advise and assist the Government in performing electrical and avionics engineering program functions to include the development, test, deficiency, and modification assessments of division program systems (to include air vehicle, ground segment, payloads, and associated support equipment) with emphasis on the integration / interoperability in the areas of avionics, network engineering, communications engineering, sensor engineering, ISR enterprise engineering and systems architecture engineering.
The applicant shall utilize knowledge of various technical areas of current network architectures (physical, link, transport, applications layers), of the Global Information Grid (GIG) and AFDCGS Wide Area Network (WAN) implementation designs, DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements relative to networking, layered protection methods against cyber warfare, and knowledge of quality of service issues for data transport via long haul networks to ensure operability requirements are met for providing the required ISR enterprise data exchange.
- The applicant shall use knowledge to create new systems architectures, interface specifications, interface testing, creating net-ready and net-centric capabilities, and generate DoD Architecture Framework products to ensure operability requirements are met for providing the required ISR enterprise data exchange.
- The applicant shall review and analyze interoperability requirements and shall review, develop and evaluate resultant specifications and internal and external ICDs.
- The applicant shall support regular information exchanges between stakeholders and external users in the system architectures to resolve interoperability issues.
- The applicant shall support system security certification and accreditation activities and airworthiness certification activities as they pertain to interoperability issues.
- The applicant shall plan and prepare contract documents and support the Government in weapon system contract related to new ground segment capabilities and air vehicle interfaces on ISR and SOF systems.
- Possess a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or higher, in a professional Engineering discipline from an American Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited educational program and a minimum of 15 years of engineering experience in a relevant functional area with a minimum of 8 of those years working in the specialty task area for the DoD.
- An adjudicated DoD Security clearance on the first day of employment.
- Must have a Top Secret/SCI and NATO endorsements.
- Personnel at the Senior level shall possess the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field and possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and journeyman personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
- Navigation software experience.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors.