Support daily operations of the rolling mill by interacting with the employees, observing and collecting data along with feedback from the employees on the floor to be relied on to provide recommendations to improve the performance of the mill.
- Review customer specifications and support all areas to meet customer demand.
- Develop understanding of Rolling equipment capabilities and applications.
- Evaluate the impact of Roll configuration changes.
- Create, maintain & update mill instructions as required to produce quality product.
- Provide internal/external technical support for Hot Rolling processes including reviewing and resolving deviations, non-conformances, and customer complaints.
- Support Operations Leadership with data collection, reporting and training.
- Work closely with Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, Operations and other support functions to meet developmental needs and business plan requirements with internal and external customers.
- Analyze mill data and apply problem solving techniques to reduce downtime, improve yields and improve product quality.
- Recommend and develop strategic mill improvement projects.
- Support product/process Continuous Improvement programs that support Rolled Bar Value Stream Team.
- Utilize statistical data analysis, process modeling, and sub/full – scale trials to support initiatives.
- Communicate results to management, colleagues, and customers in the form of written reports and oral presentations.
- Manage conversion stainless products, recommending actions for product improvements, investigating claims, and finding solutions to production issues.
- Supervise order entry, scheduling, and shipping of conversion products.
- Monitor and report on customer value streams.
Bachelors of Science in Material Science or related discipline 3 years of experience in process or product engineering experience related to Ni/Fe/Co- base super alloys, titanium and/or specialty/stainless steels or other related industries.
5+ years in Metallurgy in a manufacturing environment. Hot Mill and Rolling experience a plus.
Relocation Assistance Available / Interview Travel Reimbursed / Willingness to Travel – Occasionally ONSITE only.