Process Control Engineer Multiple Locations
The Process Control Engineer make both independent and team based decisions on engineering problems and methods. They plan and conduct work requiring adaptation of standard process control techniques, and they devise new approaches to process problems and improvement opportunities.
- Continuous process improvement by leveraging existing process control applications
- Participate on capital project teams focused on the on-going upgrades to our DCS/PLC infrastructure in the facility.
- Work with the operations and maintenance teams to troubleshoot short and long term operational problems, issues, and opportunities as required.
- Provide area engineers, operators, and maintenance personnel with appropriate training and support; such that they can perform their routine day-to-day duties.
- As a member of the Process Control Team, develop strategies that will keep the mill current with appropriate control technology.
- Perform periodic DCS maintenance duties as needed to ensure long term system reliability.
- Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent Process Control work experience
- 3 or more years of work in a chemical, manufacturing, or energy related environment but open to new grad in EE or Chem E with Controls internship experience
- Must have working knowledge of process control concepts with an emphasis on the application and hardware aspect of process control.
- Familiarity with OSISoft PI and networking is preferred.
- Candidate should be proficient with the use of at least one brand of DCS system. Special consideration will be given to candidates with Siemens PCS7 or Siemens APACS experience.
#ProcessControl #SiemensPCS7 #PulpandPaper
Electrical Engineer – Mill Operations Multiple Locations
You will provide electrical engineering support to operating departments as required to resolve maintenance, technical, and equipment reliability issues.
- Utilize engineering skills to solve problems and create solutions to equipment downtime and operating costs as well as engineering for equipment modifications and new equipment installations
- Collaborate with more experienced engineers to provide follow-up and engineering assistance on defined problems
- Prepare or assist in preparing reports, graphs, planning layouts and summaries designed to communicate project progress or results
- Plan and execute process improvements
- Employ reliability focused concepts to improve overall equipment reliability.
- Troubleshoot process and/or equipment issues, involving equipment for power generation, electrical power distribution, equipment drives, PLCs, and distributed controls
- Develop training materials and train maintenance technicians
- Coordinate shutdown of equipment and operations
- Learn and utilize Lean/Six Sigma tools to improve process/reduce costs.
- S. Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Candidates should have 0-5 years of experience. Manufacturing internship and/or co-op experience a plus.
#Electrical Engineer #PLC #power #PulpandPaper
Electrical Project Engineer Mulitple Locations
The Electrical Project Engineer will join the Capital Projects team. Reporting to the Capital Engineering Manager, this position manages and supports the implementation of capital projects throughout the mill, while supporting the mill safety, reliability, and improvement efforts.
The position requires strong project management and technical skills to coordinate different disciplines within operations, maintenance, consulting engineers, vendors and contractors. The prospective candidate should have the ability to manage several projects that span multiple engineering disciplines, with the primary focus on electrical engineering.
- Accountable for project results including safety, budget, schedule, reliability, and technical performance
- Manage large and small capital and repair projects from concept to implementation.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, cost, and milestones.
- Manage all detailed design and construction of assigned projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of Contractor Management (safety, quality, schedule, and cost) on assigned projects.
- Coordinate all types of process design activities including equipment sizing, design of PFD’s and P&ID’s, loop sheets, E/I diagram, process control, instrument specifications and operating/maintenance manuals.
- Review and understand equipment and instrumentation/electrical specifications to ensure equipment and materials are procured and installed as per Regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, NFPA 70, NEC, etc).
- Coordinate and assist in checkout and start-up activities.
- Project status reporting to project team and mill management.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 Years minimum with supporting a manufacturing facility in an electrical capacity
- Experience with capital projects
- Preferred qualification- Proficient with SAP and Microsoft Project.
- Proficient with project management techniques for specifications, estimating, purchasing, budget control and forecasting spending.
#ElectricalProjectEngineer #P&IDs #OSHA #PulpandPaper
Superintendent – Paper Multiple Locations
The Superintendent – Paper is primarily responsible for coaching and developing papermaking management talent and for establishing sustainable management systems for all Finished Products operations. In teamwork with other managers, the superintendent will provide leadership for all Finished Products operations across all shift teams with a focus on safety, production to meet goals, process reliability, quality, maintenance coordination, organizational performance, skill building, talent development, and engagement.
- Managing through the area managers for production strategy and plans, machine uptime, coordination of Maintenance activities including field day and annual outages, coordination with Engineering, problem solving, delivering deliberate and continuous improvements, organizational performance, cost management, process monitoring, quality, employee engagement, and communication.
- As leader of the Finished Products Management Team, help establish and manage strategic goals and initiatives, develop budgets, help manage tactical and policy issues, and ensure resources and management systems are in place.
- Taking night and weekend call responsibility on a rotating basis is required. This position reports to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager.
- Bachelor of Science or Technical degree in Paper Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated utilization of manufacturing excellence tools.
- Experience in the production of uncoated freesheet paper.
- 5+ year’s experience in paper manufacturing is required with proven progressive leadership within a mill manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge in papermaking and ability to apply the knowledge to lead decision making.
- Experience leading effective field day & outage planning and execution.
- Experience leading resolution of quality problems.
- Drive positive labor relations.
#Superintendent #PulpandPaper #uncoatedpaper #freesheetpaper
Maintenance Manager Mulitple Locations
The Area Maintenance Manager is a hands-on leadership position responsible for providing maintenance support. The successful candidate will provide leadership to foster an injury free environment, drive out repetitive maintenance problems, improve maintenance efficiency, reduce maintenance cost, and improve equipment reliability. The position reports to the Mill Maintenance & Engineering Manager. Required to work onsite every 6th weekend with comp time allotted.
- Be a role model and champion for an injury-free workplace and promote safety and excellence in all areas of influence.
- Direct management of two salaried Front-Line Leaders as well as responsibility for their development.
- Manage maintenance organization and maximize effectiveness while minimizing cost.
- Work closely with operations leadership to understand their needs and to maintain a one team, positive relationship, between operations and maintenance.
- Provide leadership in proactive maintenance practices and process reliability improvements.
- Lead area outage planning and ensure safe execution of plans.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and managing the area maintenance budget.
- Responsible for managing checkbook.
- Champions Reliability and MWS work systems
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum three (3) years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry is preferred.
- Experience leading troubleshooting and maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Strong computer skills including SAP and all Microsoft Office applications.
#MaintenanceManager #PulpandPaper #SAP
Our client is a publicly traded world’s leading paper company with multiple international locations.