Our client is looking for a mechanical design engineer to join our energized and cross-functional Mechanical Design team responsible for gas turbines that power energy solutions to our customers. The candidate will work closely with various engineering disciplines to design, develop, and implement new component designs and/or improve existing gas turbine hardware for the continuous improvement of product durability and capabilities for our customers. This role will produce leading edge solutions for a diverse range of projects executed in a productive environment that values strong work culture, best-in-class and diversity.
The successful candidate is expected to be a technical generalist able to develop solutions to complex problems using mechanical analysis of rotating and static turbine hardware in addition to being ingenious, creative and applying new concepts. A strong background in gas turbine design fundamentals and secondary cooling flow systems is highly beneficial for this role. The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to successfully define, lead and execute projects starting from root cause analysis, solution concept through validation, and finally product implementation. Additionally, the successful candidate will play an integral role in ensuring that solutions fulfill performance, manufacturing, durability, maintainability, and cost targets.
The successful candidate will perform detailed mechanical design work, and manage workscope and execution to align with time sensitive deliverables performed under DevOps planning. When required, the successful candidate will execute component rig or engine tests by managing required hardware, instrumentation, scheduling, resultant data analysis and post-test hardware inspections. Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills are required. Additionally, the successful candidate will support business operations when necessary with support to customer services, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- 8+ years of directly applicable Mechanical Design work experience bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related degree
- Experience with concept and detail design principles
- Gas turbine design and analysis experience
- Experience using Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS) software to perform detailed modal and structural analysis
- Experience with reviewing and checking engineering drawings
- 10+ years relevant mechanical design work experience
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiencies for the following skills and tools:
- Geometric dimensional and tolerance specifications (ASME Y14.5-2009)
- Creo (or related CAD system)
- Design experience with compressor and/or combustion section
- Practical manufacturing and producibility knowledge including welding and brazing
- ANSYS experience in the design and/or analysis of gas turbine components, gas turbine operation and application, materials and processes, manufacturing methods and test procedures
- Experience with detailed cross-section stack-ups
- Experience with life prediction methods
- Experience with turbine blade heat transfer essentials
- Windchill, Microsoft Office and technical writing
Flexible work from home days / 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $129,233 to $193,849 a year. $129,233 to $193,849 This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. Security Clearance Required: No Visa Candidate Considered: No We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Our client provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Our client’s benefits overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors.