Responsible for all elements of accounting, audit, SOX compliance, fixed assets, and working with shared services for A/R and A/P. The Technical Accounting Manager will provide support to the Site Controller and executive management, as well as to other senior executives on a broad range of accounting and financial strategic and tactical issues which impact the Company. Will have a strong understanding of accounting principles and control systems around financial reporting.
Safety is a core value at our company. Our Managers/Supervisors play a critical role in creating and maintaining a safe workplace for our employees by following all company safety policies and procedures and by observing employees to ensure that safety procedures are followed.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at as business needs arise.
- Owns and manages the monthly accounting ledger close, consolidation and all required regulatory reporting.
- Prepares reports, which summarize company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, cash flow, and earnings based on past and present operations.
- Will evaluate, develop and lead improvements in the accounting, financial planning, reporting and analysis processes to ensure compliance with GAAP and an adequate system of internal controls; provide functional leadership in the interpretation and application of the technical accounting rules.
- Will have responsibility for audits, to include Sarbanes Oxley Compliance, and both internal and external financial and controls audit.
- Responsible for controlling and monitoring the cash position to include credit and collections and accounts payable working with a shared service environment.
- Support and assist the budget preparation and other financial analysis as needed.
- May have 1 direct report.
Requirements & Skills:
BA/BS in Finance/Accounting
Minimum 5 years’ experience in general ledger accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Experience with Sarbanes Oxley preferred
Ability to organize workload and manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
Responsible for the accounting and management of fixed assets.
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated respect for culture of ethics and compliance.
Command of Excel other Microsoft Office products.
Current experience with Oracle and HFM/One stream is preferred but not required.
Ability to self-start on various analytical projects, including research, investigation, modeling including presentation of findings to management and site leadership.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Analyze financial data, and perform complex calculations and reconciliations
- Extensive use of computer and other electronic equipment
- Overtime may be required during month-end close.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and move inventory.
In order to protect our employees and comply with the federal contractor vaccine mandates, we are requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. We will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. “Fully vaccinated” means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose, or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a CDC vaccine card must be submitted prior to your start date.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.